Sports

Barcelona news LIVE updates: Luka Jovic contract agreement, Philippe Coutinho doubts | Football | Sport

Written by admin

Barcelona news LIVE: Express Sport brings you the latest updates from the Nou Camp

Monday, February 11

  • Barcelona have reportedly agreed terms with Luka Jovic
  • Barcelona must now discuss terms with Eintracht Frankfurt
  • Frenkie de Jong is a doubt for Wednesday’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid
  • Barcelona are growing increasingly worried about the future of Philippe Coutinho

Luka Jovic agreement

Barcelona have reportedly agreed terms with Luka Jovic over a deal to sign the Eintracht Frankfurt striker.

According to newspaper Franfurter Allgemeine, Jovic’s agents have been in talks with Barca.

A contract is ‘largely agreed’ and now Barcelona must discuss terms with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Barca have agreed to sign De Jong for an eye-watering £58m come the summer.

And while Frankfurt will unlikely get that sort of fee for Jovic, they will still hold out for a hefty sum.

De Jong injury latest

Frenkie de Jong is a doubt for Wednesday’s Champions League last-16 first leg against Real Madrid after exacerbating an adductor injury.

The 21-year-old, who is heading to Barcelona at the end of the season, was forced off the pitch during Ajax’s shock defeat to Heracles.

He had been struggling before the game with injury but was passed fit to play.

The return leg is in Madrid on March 5.

Philippe Coutinho latest

Barcelona are growing increasingly worried about the future of Philippe Coutinho at the club, according to reports.

Coutinho has struggled to settle since his £142million move from Liverpool just over a year ago.

He has started only 14 games in La Liga this season and was on the bench for four matches in a row prior to Sunday’s goalless draw with Athletic Bilbao.

And ESPN say sources close to Barcelona have told them they have doubts over whether or not he can fit into their current system under manager Ernesto Valverde.

Express Sport reported that both Manchester United and Chelsea were monitoring the Brazilian’s situation during the January transfer window.

Martin Skrtel snub

Former Liverpool and Fenerbahce defender Martin Skrtel rejected the opportunity to join Barcelona in January.

Mithat Halis, a partner in the company that represents Skrtel, revealed that the Catalan giants were eager to bring the Slovakian international to the Nou Camp.

But Skrtel snubbed the offer because he didn’t want to play second-fiddle to Gerard Pique and Samuel Umtiti.

“Barcelona wanted to sign him [Skrtel] and were insisting on him because they needed a central defender that was a reliable alternative, but the player didn’t agree because he did not want to be a substitute for Pique and Umtiti,” said Halis.

“Martin Skrtel is happy in Istanbul and has an important role to play in Fenerbahce. He did not want to be third choice at Barcelona.

“They [Barca reps] saw the player in the game between Slovakia and the Ukraine and appreciated again that Skrtel is the leader of his team, but Skrtel told us he wants to continue playing in Turkey.”


Source link

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment

/script> the viglink code is: